Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our brains and a journal

Are you wondering why there is a picture of the human brain above on a counseling blog? When I was told I was going to be taking a lifespan human development course I was like hmmmmm..... I wonder how this is going to relate to counseling itself but you know what it does! Like it really does!!! Just this week as I was reading about our brain and the various parts of it and what those parts are responsible for it just clicked that yes I should know this and this will be helpful later as I am working with clients. It is giving me a better understanding of the hows/why's of certain behaviors and feeling and so I find myself actually enjoying this!

On another note I have decided that I should begin writing in a journal again. This was something I used to do quite frequently but somehow over the last few years I seemed to have slowly stopped. So I got this composition book and I am going to start writing again. I really believe journaling is good for your mental health and that everyone should to some extent do it, although I feel like this blog is somewhat my online journal. So for anyone who is thinking about writing in a journal here are a few journal props for you:

1. What does death teach us about life?
2. Name three people who lives have been improved by knowing you and explain why?
3. What is the one thing I am grateful for today?
4. Why is it important to be genuine?
5. Where do you think you will be in five years?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment