Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beach and personal enjoyment


My counselor says that everyday we should do something that is just for us something to nurture our soul. I wonder how many of us actually do this? We get so caught up on our lives and everything that is going on around us that we neglect to stop and enjoy it or to take pleasure in things that are around us. I am guilty. We live less than a 2 minute drive to the water here in the Pacific Northwest and yet I can't remember the last time I actually took Greyson down there. At least a few weeks.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday that after I picked Greyson up from school we headed down to the beach for look for some sea shells and just take a walk. I so needed the break and the time to enjoy something I like to do....1. look at the water/be by the water and 2. take pictures of Greyson :) A hobby of mine (and maybe someday a job!) is taking photographs. So here are some pictures from yesterday. Warning picture heavy!

Greyson LOVES going down the beach and hunting for shells. Yesterday we decided to hunt for tiny shells ;) This is why they say don't take picture in the early afternoon..................


All of that wood has washed to shore. Can you see Greyson in that picture?? He sort of blends in with the background!


Not somewhere I would walk barefoot......but still beautiful none the less.

And again just my cute little guy playing on the beach! He enjoys walking on top of the washed up wood. So what do you enjoy or do for yourself daily?

1 comment: