Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My husband & Valentines Day :)



Well it is that time of year again. The day that people from all over the world celebrate their love for each other and get or give cheesy cards, roses and boxes of chocolate to their lover. I honestly have never really bought into the whole valentines day thing and would much prefer that my husband do these types of things all year long unexpectedly instead of being told to do it one day a year. Thankfully I married a man who agrees with me ;) and even though lately I am not surprised enough with these cheesy items he does other little things instead hint doing the dishes because I loathe doing them!

So I feel like I need to give a shout out to my husband Mr. S. We have had some pretty rocky times in the last 10 (almost 11!) years and I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. I know at times I probably am not the best at showing you this but I want you to know that I really do appreciate you and everything you do for our family. I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. And moving on from this sappy stuff......


Has anyone ever wondered how the heart became the symbol of love and valentines day? I have! Our emotions obviously do not come from our heart but instead our brains but I guess a brain is really that romantic is it? So I looked this up and apparently we have been using the heart as the symbol of love since the beginning of man according to some. Instead of spelling it all out for you here if you are curious as to why go read this article here.

Have a happy Valentines day and remember to show the one you love that you love them all day everyday instead of saving it for this one day!

4 comments: