Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another week of school :)

We are now into week 3 of my counseling program. This week I don't really have much going on and so it is nice because I can take a little more time with my husband and son. So here is what this week looks like:

1. Theories-
Discussion post
2 discussion responses to other students

2. Ethics-
Super shrinks discussion post
2 responses to other students
Impairment email- We are to email our instructor an email with areas that we feel we will struggle with

3. Lifespan-
Ch 3 Discussion post
2 responses to other students

Next week I have a few papers due along with the normal discussions. Since they are due next week I am starting them this weekend most likely. I will be working on a childhood narrative for my lifespan class and a paper in response to the film The Sea Inside for my ethics course. I hope these post are not as boring as they seem! I just want to give an idea of the workload. I will say that I expect my workload to pick up the further I get along in the program. Keep in mind this is only my first semester and my first set of courses .

I am enjoying how my classes seem to take the self discovery approach to the majority of things and I enjoy being able to do this and work on my self and understanding myself and those around me. I am so glad that I made this choice and I do think it is the right choice for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allie,
    I am a long time degreeinfo.com member and I found your blog from there. I am very interested in your experiences with Adams State College and their counseling program. It is a program of great interest to me as I am looking to most likely start a masters in counseling by the fall. I am currently working on an M.Ed. in Special Education but I am finding I like the psychology / counseling field more than the actual education part. I have been working in adolescent mental health programs for the last 9 years so it would be a great progression for me. Anyway, I will be following your blog to see how you are enjoying the experience of the school. Thanks for publishing the blog and I look forward to reading your posts!

    Justin (Mighty_Tiki@DegreeInfo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin,

    Glad you found me over here! I haven't really gotten my blog out there yet but I probably should. Blogs about counseling programs are pretty much lacking. Keep checking back for more updates!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete