Sunday, January 15, 2012

One week to go!!!

I am down to one week before my courses start. I am super duper excited to start my courses and I can't wait to begin my journey as I work to become a counselor. I have spoken to other counselors who say the programs for counseling are fairly intense and that if at all possible I should try not to work full time during the program. This information just confirms my suspicion. I was hoping that I would be able to work part-time up and until I begin my internships.

In the last few days I have been able to log into my blackboard and view discussion threads made by the other students within the program. I have to say that I have read countless threads on the board and I have learned quite a bit . I really want more information about our intensives that are required each summer and I am hoping that I get more information the closer it gets but I just might have to ask questions. I did find out that classes go from 8-4 or 5pm daily and we might have homework afterward. This kinda makes my plan of taking my family along kind of pointless yet I don't know if I can go without seeing them for 7-8 days! I guess I will make that decision in a couple of months.

I ordered my remaining two textbooks and received my textbook on Ethics in Counseling and Psychotherapy. I have read about three chapters thus far and I wonder why they can't make more of an effort to make ethics more interesting! I mean it is ethics I get that but come on. Perhaps it will get interesting the further along I get into it? 574 pages written on ethics........I would prefer if the book was written with a brief background on ethics and give a case to work through practicing making ethical decisions and then a section on various choices that could be made, but it is ethics so I suppose I should just hope that the course material to go along with the textbook makes this class easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment