Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I can already see it now

Yesterday I was very busy! My little boy had to attend preschool, I had to go to the gym and then later in the early afternoon I had my official job interview. A friend of mine also decided to apply for the same company so we child swapped in the waiting room :) She needed someone to watch her little guy while she interviewed and I needed someone to watch mine. So it worked out perfectly and we both got jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I started having second guesses about if I should work or not. The first couple of weeks I will be in training for 40 hours weekly, after that I am hoping to only work about 30-32 hours weekly. As I started to think about everything last night I am getting worried on my ability to handle it all. A 3/4 time job, a full time load for a demanding graduate program, being a wife, mother, cook, housekeeper etc and still have time to have time to myself. If you know me you know that I am one of those people who always seems to be doing something. Like I am constantly busy and constantly doing. In fact when I am not I feel like I should be. My friends have often commented they don't know how I have the energy to do it all. Somehow I do though and I thrive. But I am worried about doing a job plus everything I normally do, but I am mainly worried about how/if it will affect my school.

So those of you who have jobs and other large commitments outside the home how do you handle it? It occurred to me yesterday that I will be leaving my house most likely about 7am each morning and not returning until about 5pm. Then I will have to figure out dinner, play with my son, get him into bed at 7pm and then go right into homework. So how do you handle it moms who work???

No comments:

Post a Comment