Friday, January 20, 2012

Let the fun begin!!!

Classes start Monday but I already have access to all three of my courses and the majority of the course content such as syllabuses and timelines. I have to say I am quite surprised at the timeline and what is due when. I am used to 8 week terms so having 16 weeks to complete the required coursework is going to be a change, a good change! I am so used to feeling like every evening I have something to work on and with this program it seems like I will be able to have a life and enjoy college. Those two things do not typically go together. For example this is a picture of a typical month of my calendar in my undergraduate program:
All the various colors highlights means that something was due and let me say that I only took 2 courses over the term of 8 weeks but as you can see I still had PLENTY to keep me busy! This was on top of all the other responsibilities that I have including being a mom and wife. I took 72 credits over the course of 1 year 2 months and I am proud to say that I was able to make A's in all classes except 2 (insert self horn tooting here please!).

Since I am considering going back to work full time the time to have a life is a good thing. I am not sure how I am going to juggle being a full time graduate student, a full time employee and a full time mother and wife but people do it daily so no reason I can't give it a go. I am hoping to be able to work about 30 hours weekly so maybe more like 3/4 time employee :)

I am still super excited about all the changes coming to my life and I look forward to sharing them with the readers of this blog!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd check out your blogs! Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete