Monday, January 30, 2012

Out of your mind into your life

The view about a 5minute walk from my house.

How many of us live in our minds instead of living our life? One of the books I picked up a bit ago is titled " Get our of your mind and into your life" By Steven C. Hayes, Phd. So far I have been reading a few pages of this book each evening and I have to say that I am liking it. Right out of the gate Dr. Hayes ask you to consider a few unconventional things such as the notion that "psychological pain is important, it is normal, and everyone has it" and "pain and suffering are two different states of being". If you stop and think about both of those statements you will see the importance of each. I will have to post more about this book later but for now I wanted to say that so far the book is good!

This book did get me thinking about my own life (which is the point right?) and one thing I am going to try to begin doing is living the life I want now. Not waiting for something to happen or saying I am going to do something later because the reality is later may not come. That is reality a sad reality but reality none the less. I need to focus more positive energy on the things in my life that bring me joy so starting today I am going to have a few things in my post that bring me joy and that I love.

Right now I am loving this nail color.....


And I am loving this song right now:
Gotye- Somebody that I used to know (Click song title to be taken to youtube video! )

No comments:

Post a Comment