Monday, April 16, 2012

Suicide

"Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far stronger links than common joys"-- Alphonse de Lamartine (1790-1869)

Today I was told by my sister that a friend of 2 of my nephews had committed suicide this afternoon.....he was 14 years old. I do not have the whole story of what had been going on in this child's life that led up to this point l. I am deeply saddened by this loss even though I didn't know the boy personally and I will tell you why.....death hurts and even more so when it is because of suicide and even more when it is a child.

My heart breaks for this family at the loss of their son, brother, cousin, nephew, and friend of many. How heartbroken they must be. How heartbroken he must have been to take his own life and feel like death was better than living. I am sad for this boy because his soul was so overtaken by pain that he chose death to avoid feeling it any longer. I hope this family can find peace and this boy can finally have peace in his soul.

Please get involved in any way you can to help prevent suicide. Talk to your kids about it and make sure you establish a bond with your child in which they feel they can talk to you about anything and watch for signs as most often once it is said and done you realize there were signs....you just didn't pay attention.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sad, I'll be praying for that family and your nephews too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey I am sure they would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a such a sad event...I'm sorry for everyone his death will touch. Godspeed to him, and may he find peace for his soul.

    ReplyDelete