Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Community And More About Me


Since some of you may not know much about me I will tell you a little more in this post :)

I met my husband in 2001 and since then we have been traveling around the USA for his work....this month makes 11 years that we have been traveling and our move to Washington (state) made what I believe was our 15th move and Washington is our 9th state lived in I believe. I stopped counting a while back. In 2007 Greyson was born and in July he will turn 5 and be ready to head into kindergarten next year if we chose to go that route and all of this along with my upcoming (hopefully!) career as a counselor has me questioning our life choices.



Obviously I am a people person and I enjoy being around people all the time and I need to be around people, my husband is exactly the opposite. As long as he has Greyson and I he is content. If only I could be that way. In some ways even though he manages about 25 guys he doesn't really interact with them as much as you would think and spends much of his working time alone. I would go insane. I need to interact and talk with people daily and preferably multiple times daily. Which leads me to the other part of the title of this post community.

Community is something that has become really important to me and I realize just how much I have missed out the last 11 years moving all the time. I see friends on Facebook for example that have a wealth of people around them locally and I admit I am a bit envious. I don't have this. Yes I have friends but every single one of them live in a different state and the majority of them live in different states from one another. Distance really is not good for friendships because the old saying out of sight out of mind really is true in my case.

So I find myself being drawn to settling down and being closer to family. I have 4 siblings and tons of aunts, uncles and cousins that all live in Kentucky. While I can't imagine ever living in my hometown again I would love to be closer to them and see them more and allow Greyson the chance to get to know them. So the time has come to make that decision and I find myself being torn between my husband's dream and mine which are completely opposite.

If I had my way (and money where no object of course...which is it...as always) I would be living in that cabin you see below...this picture which I found on Google is of a cabin in the Smokey Mountains (TN).

And so the choice of what to do has presented itself and I have no answers and it is frustrating....very frustrating. Having to choose where to live when you really have nothing to tie you to one location is difficult as the possibilities seem endless. Even if I narrow my choices to within 4-5 hours of my family there are still to many choices and I find that I am feeling overwhelmed with making the choice. Move to a place more permanent? Or stay with the current course of continuing to move around for my husbands job? What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment