Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yell it to the mountain top...its addictions


Do you ever feel like something is just right for you and you always come back to that one thing even when you try to focus your mind on something completely different? For me this one thing is working in addiction treatment and counseling. A while ago my interest in working with those suffering from addiction peaked after attending a few weekend courses at my local community college as part of my undergraduate program and learning so much from my instructor who had spent the last 20 years working in addiction counseling. The last year I have dipped my toe into other areas as far as research/reading etc on other topics and yet I always feel myself being pulled to addictions. So there folks I think at this point I am going to focus my attention and learning on working with those who suffer from addictions.

I am excited and nervous at the same time for this journey and I can't wait until I can begin my internships and really get in there and see if this is the right track for me. So wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the internships and great job on the blog. You write some really thoughtful posts which I have been enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justin! Glad someone is reading it ;)

    ReplyDelete