Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tattoos

On the agenda this evening is that I am going to get a tattoo. Something very personal and very very simple that I drew that has a lot of meaning to me. Of course I will post a picture on here once I do it! I got a sitter for a couple of hours tonight so that my husband can come along with me to get it ;). I am a bit worried as I plan to get it on the top of my foot and have heard that it hurts pretty bad. The good thing is though that as simple as what I want to get it shouldn't take 15-20minutes once he gets going. Would you all laugh at me if I got this tattoo that I found on Google.com?


One of the reasons that I decided to get the tattoo on my foot is so that I can cover it up when needed. I am thinking ahead to once I become a counselor/therapist and at how some clients might be put off by a tattoo. I am curious if you would be put off by a therapist with a tattoo even if it was small and nothing offensive?

I think people should do what they want with their bodies obviously but I personally wouldn't think of getting large or multiple tattoos in places that can't be covered up with the current feelings and attitudes many have towards tattoos. My sister in law said that at her work place she has to wear some type of sleeve cover up for the large one she has on her lower arm. Sounds silly to me because I have seen the tattoo and it is nothing offensive but that is the way it is. I was also told by someone else who daughter is a nurse that they won't hire any nurse who have visible tattoos.

So if any of you reading this are thinking about getting tattoos stop and think twice about the location and what your getting and how this might impact your future career. There are MANY people who are put off by tattoos and if you have one or more that can't be covered you might see the impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment