Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Justice



All Images in this post are from Google.com


Since this is my blog and I can talk about what I want I am going to talk about Trayvon Martin the 17 year old Florida kid who was shot and killed by someone who was part of a unregistered neighbor watch. If you haven't heard about this story just do a Google search and you will come up with tons of information on the case and if you head on over to youtube.com and search there you can listen to all the 911 tapes etc pertaining to the case. Here is a link to ABC news showing a few videos as well.

This just baffles me. I understand that our justice system is a process and that all police departments must follow those processes however this boy was shot and killed on February 26th and here it is March 20th and George Zimmerman still remains a free man when he should be taking up space here:

The police have had plenty of time to make an arrest in this case yet they keep citing self defense and "standing your ground" as reasons why George Zimmerman is breathing fresh air. Standing your ground does not mean chasing someone when the police SPECIFICALLY tell you not to and then shooting them as they stand there holding a pack of skittles and iced tea. Standing your ground does not mean that you can CHASE someone to use the force this very thing states you can but instead that you stand your ground if someone comes at you so why this is even a question is beyond me.

Something else I want to touch on....there are many 911 tapes with the horrifying sounds of Trayvon Martin screaming as loud as a person probably could as they lay there bleeding from a gunshot wound for someone to help him yet as far as I know not one person went to help...why ? Was it because they had heard a gunshot? I get being freaked out and I can honestly say that I probably would have been as well, but I would have least looked out my window to see if it was safe to go help. What is our country coming to when we hear this sound and we do nothing?

As someone who aspires to be a counselor I can say that if George Zimmerman came to me for counseling it would be a test of my abilities however I would provide him with counseling. Clearly based on his past actions he needs it and has needed it for quite some time and I have to wonder if the outcome would be the same if he had gotten it.

That is all...........I am baffled and saddened by this for many reasons and I feel sad for Trayvons parents and I hope that one day they will see the justice their family clearly deserves and find peace in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment