Sunday, March 4, 2012

My tattoo & my week ahead

So I did it... I finally after waiting for 10 years or so got a tattoo. I waited so long because I could never find anything I liked or think of anything that I wanted on my body for the rest of my life. So the other day as I was doodling I came up with this idea and went with it.

Here it is without the color:
As soon as it was done:
The morning after:
It is very simple but has a lot of meaning. The 3 colored hearts are for Seth, Zach, and Greyson and the word love you see is Greyson's handwriting. After a little coaxing I got him to write it neat enough to read ;). He informed me this morning he wanted it on my ankle...lol

Now for those of you reading who have never had a tattoo....I was REALLY nervous and I worked myself into thinking it was going to hurt pretty bad. It didn't. Did it hurt? At times yes but not anywhere near that I thought it was going to. This could be due to a number of reasons and each person experiences pain differently and I happen to have a high pain tolerance. Your foot is a spot that typically does hurt most people. For me I didn't even really feel him do the word and most of the heart.

So what does it feel like? Honestly it feels sort of like a hot burning sensation but not one in which you feel like your skin is on fire....hard to describe really. The first pass was fine but I can tell you when he went back over spots he already did that hurt worse than the first time around. So did it hurt? Yes in certain spots but it was nothing I couldn't handle ;)

My upcoming week for homework looks like this:

Lifespan-Discussion post and 2 responses & Keep working on personal narrative 2
Theories-Discussion post and 2 responses
Ethics-Discussion post x2 and 4 response and dual relationship article post due

So that's it for this week as far as homework is concerned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment