Thursday, March 22, 2012

Life decisions

"Listen to the quietest whispers of your mind. They are telling you the choices that will help you the most." Author Unknown (I had this in a quote document that I add to constantly).

Does anyone else get amazed at how hard decisions can be? I have been struggling with the same decision for months now and I can almost guarantee you that my friends are tired of hearing me talk about the same issue in twenty two different ways. You see this decisions is huge and will make changes within our family and the thought of some of the outcomes scares me. If one can say that their heart is telling them to do one thing while their head is telling them to do another I think it would fit my situation.
I have mulled over my decisions and the choices I have as well as their impacts and yet I still can't make it. I have talked to my counselor about it, my husband and countless friends and yet I still can't make it. Maybe this is how it is supposed to be so that I can learn just how hard decisions can be because in the past they have always came easy to me. Life lesson maybe? I have made a pro's/con's list, talked about until I don't know what else to say and yet the process I am using is not working for me or maybe it is but fear is getting the better of me. Fear of the unknown....it is terrifying.

Perhaps this is a life lesson one that has me stop and think about how many people who have sat in a counseling chair/life chair and had this very same feeling. Let's hope that I will be a bit more understanding in the future because of my own experience and I am understanding of how change in any form is a process of choices and decisions to get to the end goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment