Thursday, January 24, 2013

What am I up to?

As you know by now my practicum has now begun. I have been at my site a few weeks now (both of them!) and just yesterday I got to become involved in what I really want to be involved in: addiction treatment. Some time in the near future I will be leading a teen recovery group and will begin working one-one with other addicted people who are both beginning rehab and who are already well into their recovery. I am excited. Super duper mega excited but nervous at the same time. I am grateful that my practicum site apparently sees in me what I believe in myself and is giving me this amazing opportunity to grow further in my work with addicted clients and the opportunity to learn from those at my site who have years of experience on me.

My courses have officially begun as well and so far they are looking pretty good! This semester I am taking a Cognitive behavior therapy course, group counseling and my practicum of course. It was nice to log into my courses and see familiar "faces". Part of our practicum is using a live interactive web based program and interacting with each other on a weekly basis at a set time to discuss our practicum experience and learn from each other in different areas.

So far so good and I can't wait to get in there and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment